How multi device keyboard works
Multi device keyboards are a special breed of wireless computer keyboards that are able to pair and connect to more than one device simultaneously. You have the ability to easily switch between three devices without having to unpair and pair to connect to a different device. They have a special button or mechanism that allow you to quickly switch between different devices.
Operation of a multi device keyboard
1. How to pair a multi device keyboard with different devices
Multi device keyboard
- Turn the dial to number 1 or press number 1 on the keyboard.
- Pair the first bluetooth device.
- Once paired successfully, turn the dial to number 2 or press number 2 on the keyboard.
- Pair the second device to the keyboard.
- Again after successful pairing, turn the dial to number 3 or press number 3 on the keyboard.
- Pair the third device.
Your wireless keyboard is ready for use with the three devices. Note: Some multi device keyboards consist of two bluetooth connection and one USB Wifi dongle. For these keyboards two of the devices will be connected with the process indicate above. For the third device, you just plug in the USB dongle on the device you intend to use the keyboard with.
2. How to use a multi device keyboard with different devices
Using the keyboard with the connected devices is relatively easy. If you want to use the keyboard with the first device, rotate the dial to number one or press number 1. If you want to use the keyboard with the second device, rotate the dial to number two or press number 2. If you want to use the keyboard with the third device, rotate the dial to number three or press number 3.
What devices can multi device keyboard connect to?
A multi device keyboard can connect to any computer, smartphone or Smart TV with a bluetooth connection. A small minority of multi device keyboards have a Wifi dongle, in addition to bluetooth connection, that allows them to connect to other gadgets via USB port.